Neuroinflammation or the Brain on Fire is the Root mechanism for Alzheimers, Parkinsons and many of our brain diseases. When our brain is on fire, our brain begins to degenerate. We lose volume and our brain begins to shrink from the inside and outside.
When we tip one way we are making neural connections in the brain, when we tip the other we are removing neural connections in the brain. This moves us towards Alzheimers and other types of dementia.
The research shows us 36 factors that influence towards Alzheimers or towards brain health. They include:
- insulin sensitivity
- vitamin D – critical for brain health
- essential fatty acids
- brain derived neurotropic factors
- how well our mitochondria works to make energy
- glutathione (an essential molecule for antioxidant balance)
- improving blood flow to our brain
- Reducing oxidative stress
- neurotransmitter hormone balance
- optimizing our cortisol and stress hormones
- improving GABA which is calming to our brain
- enhancing detoxification.
How do we help people with Neurodegeneration? We help them by dealing with root issues – not covering up symptoms. We work by solving the puzzle of why we are having our issues. We use a functional medicine, functional neurology approach