A snapshot from “Why Am I Not Right Since My Concussion?” by Dr. Timothy Gerhart
Digestive health is the foundation of Brain Health – if digestion doesn’t work, your brain CANNOT work well. Your 1st Brain (head) and 2nd Brain (gut) are profoundly and intricately linked.
Digestive problems are usually a major “root” or part of the causes of:
- Brain inflammation and post-concussion syndrome.
- Anxiety, Depression
- Brain Slowing
- Memory & sleep problems
- Poor Stress tolerance
- Chronic Pain
- Migraines and other headaches.
- Fatigue – mental or physical
- Autoimmune disease
- Neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Blood sugar balance problems
- Metabolism and weight gain (gaining fat while losing muscle) problems.
- Genetically-modified “frankenfoods”
Leaky Gut (now a recognized medical condition) is becoming more and more common. Antibiotics devastate the tight junctions between the cells that line our gut so they leak like a sieve. Leaky Gut leads to Leaky Brain resulting in Brain inflammation and dysfunction blocking the brain healing process.
- Food allergies (esp. delayed “stealth” food allergies) appear to affect most of us.
- Gluten and Dairy intolerance or allergy problems are becoming quite prevalent.
- LifeStyle change (rather than popping a pill) is recommended as the “First Line” of therapy/treatment for many digestive problems.
- There is a tried and true approach for repair & healing of Leaky Gut– The 5R Program.
Learn more details about the leaky gut, leaky brain connection, including approaches to repair and heal leaky gut. Click Here to go to our online store to purchase your downloadable or published copy of Why Am I Not Right Since My Concussion.